I am a cyber security expert at the RISE SICS, Sweden. I am leading the Security Lab (consists of 19 people) and also share my time with the Networked Embedded Systems (NES) Group. Both the SEC Lab and the NES group are among the best IoT and securiy groups in Europe. My core research topic is cyber security in the Internet of Things.
- Blockchain and IoT
- Ransomware and IoT
- Communication security in the IoT
- Key enrollment; key management; Certificate-based asymmetric cryptography; Lightweight IKEv2, IPsec, and DTLS; secure CoAP; 6LoWPAN security; IEEE 802.15.4 security; and WirelessHART
- Network security in the IoT
- Intrusion Detection in the IoT, RPL Security
- Secure Storage in the IoT [Fusion]
- IoT Key Management [S3K]
- Secure cloud-connected IoT
- Smart grid and smart metering security
- Security and IP Connectivity for Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)
We work on Contiki, an operating system for resource constrained embedded devices.
Scientific Committees and Services
- Associate Editor (AE) of the IEEE Internet of Things Journal (2016-12017)
Dockan Cayla and IoT Secruity
Interview on Swedish Radio
February 24, 2017
Conference TPC Member:
- The 3rd Annual IoT Global Innovation Forum (IoTGIF'17 ), June 27-29, 2017, Barcelona, Spain
- 1st Global Internet of Things Summit (GIoTS 2017), June 6-9, 2017, Geneva, Switzerland.
- IEEE ICC 2017 SAC - Internet of Things, 21-25 May 2017, Paris, France
- The Third International Symposium on Ubiquitous Networking (UNet'17), May 10-12, Casablanca, Morocco
- Second International Conference on Internet of Things, Big Data and Security (IoTBDS'17), 22-24 April, 2017, Porto, Portugal.
- 2016 IEEE 3rd World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT), 12-14 December 2016, Reston, USA.
- 1st EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Vehicular Network (SPVAN'16), November 17–18, 2016, Madrid, Spain.
- The 14th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC 2016), Aug 24-26, 2016, Paris, France.
- The 10th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'16), July 24 - 28, 2016 - Nice, France.
- IEEE ICC 2016 SAC - Internet of Things, 23-27 May, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The 5th International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI’16), September 21-24, 2016, Jaipur, India
- The 2015 IEEE 2nd World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT) - Technologies, Applications and Social Implications, 14-16 December 2015, Milan, Italy.
- The 12th International IEEE Conference on HONET - ICT, December 21-23, 2015, Islamabad, Pakistan
- The 2015 International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo (ICCVE 2015), 19-23 October 2015, Shenzhen, China.
- The 3rd IEEE WiMoB Workshop on Internet of Things Communications and Technologies 2015 (IOT-CT2015), October 19 - 21, 2015, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- IEEE International Workshop on Security and Privacy for Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems (IoT/CPS-Security 2015), June 8, 2015, London.
- IEEE ICC 2015 SAC - Internet of Things, 8-12 June, 2015, London, UK.
- The 6th International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software (S-cube 2015), October 26–27, 2015, Rome, Italy.
- The 9th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'15), August 23 - 28, 2015, Venice, Italy.
- The Seconds International Workshop on Robots and Sensor Clouds (RSC’15), in conjunction with the Mobile Systems and Pervasive Computing (MobiSPC), August 17-20, 2015, Belfort, France.
- The 4th International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI’15), August 10-13, 2015, Kochi, India.
- The International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC’15), October 14-16, 2014, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
- The 3rd International Conference on Computing, Management and Telecommunications (ComManTel 2015), December 28-30 2015, Da Nang, Vietnam.
- The 6th IEEE International Workshop on Management of Emerging Networks and Services (IEEE MENS 2014) in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2014, Austin, TX, USA.
- The 2014 International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo (ICCVE 2014), 3-7 November 2014, Vienna, Austria.
- International Workshop on Robots and Sensor Clouds (RSC’14), in conjunction with the Mobile Systems and Pervasive Computing (MobiSPC), August 17-20, 2014, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
- The 8th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'14), Lisbon, Portugal.
- The Fifth International Conference on Communications and Electronics (ICCE’14), 30th July - 1st August, 2014, Da Nang, Vietnam.
- The International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC’14), October 15-17, 2014, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- The 2013 International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo (ICCVE 2013), 2-6 December 2013, Las Vegas, USA.
- The 7th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'13), Barcelona, Spain.
- The 5th IEEE International Workshop on Management of Emerging Networks and Services (IEEE MENS 2013) in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- The 3rd International Multi-topic Conference (IMTIC'13), Jamshoro Pakistan.
- The Sixth International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'12), Rome Italy.
- 2012 International Workshop on the Security of the Internet of Things (SecIoT 2012).
- ACM International Workshop on Sensor-Enhanced Safety and Security in Public Spaces (SESP 2012).
- Ad Hoc Network (Elsevier)
- Computer Communications - The International Journal for the Computer and Telecommunications Industry (Elsevier)
- Security and Communication Networks (Wiley Journal)
- Journal of Information Security and Applications (Elsevier)
- Communication Networks and Distributed Systems (InderScience Journal)
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (IEEE Journal)
- IEEE Sensors (IEEE Journal)
- IEEE Network (IEEE Magazine)
- ACM TOSN (ACM Journal)
- IEEE LCN 2013
- IEEE INFOCOM 2014
I completed industrial PhD degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the RISE SICS and Mälardalen University Sweden. I hold a Technology of Licentiate degree from Mälardalen University Västerås Sweden, and Master of Science degree in Information and Communication Systems Security (ICSS) from KTH The Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm, Sweden. I also hold a 4-years Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology from Pakistan. In my Bachelors degree I topped the whole batch with 3.89/4.0 GPA and was awarded Gold Medal. During my PhD studies, I have attended a number of summer schools including the International CONET Summer School focused on "SENIOT: From Sensor Networks to Networked Intelligent Objects" held in Bertinoro (Forlì-Cesena), July 2009, Italy.
Added - November 20, 2016