I am a cyber security researcher at the SICS Swedish ICT, Sweden. I work in the Networked Embedded Systems (NES) Group. NES is one of the best IP-connected Internet of Things (IoT) research group in Europe. I work on cyber security in the Internet of Things.
- Communication security in the IoT
- Key enrollment; key management; Certificate-based asymmetric cryptography; Lightweight IKEv2, IPsec, and DTLS; secure CoAP; 6LoWPAN security; IEEE 802.15.4 security; and WirelessHART
- Network security in the IoT
- Intrusion Detection in the IoT, RPL Security
- Secure Storage in the IoT [Fusion]
- Secure cloud-connected IoT
- Smart grid and smart metering security
- Security and IP Connectivity for Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)
We work on Contiki, an operating system for resource constrained embedded devices.
Scientific Committees and Services
- Associate Editor (AE) of the IEEE Internet of Things Journal (2016-12017)
Conference TPC Member:
- Second International Conference on Internet of Things, Big Data and Security (IoTBDS'17), 22-24 April, 2017, Porto, Portugal.
- 2016 IEEE 3rd World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT), 12-14 December 2016, Reston, USA.
- 1st EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Vehicular Network (SPVAN'16), November 17–18, 2016, Madrid, Spain.
- The 14th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC 2016), Aug 24-26, 2016, Paris, France.
- The 10th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'16), July 24 - 28, 2016 - Nice, France.
- IEEE ICC 2016 SAC - Internet of Things, 23-27 May, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The 5th International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI’16), September 21-24, 2016, Jaipur, India
- The 2015 IEEE 2nd World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT) - Technologies, Applications and Social Implications, 14-16 December 2015, Milan, Italy.
- The 12th International IEEE Conference on HONET - ICT, December 21-23, 2015, Islamabad, Pakistan
- The 2015 International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo (ICCVE 2015), 19-23 October 2015, Shenzhen, China.
- The 3rd IEEE WiMoB Workshop on Internet of Things Communications and Technologies 2015 (IOT-CT2015), October 19 - 21, 2015, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- IEEE International Workshop on Security and Privacy for Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems (IoT/CPS-Security 2015), June 8, 2015, London, UK.
- IEEE ICC 2015 SAC - Internet of Things, 8-12 June, 2015, London, UK.
- The 6th International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software (S-cube 2015), October 26–27, 2015, Rome, Italy.
- The 9th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'15), August 23 - 28, 2015, Venice, Italy.
- The Seconds International Workshop on Robots and Sensor Clouds (RSC’15), in conjunction with the Mobile Systems and Pervasive Computing (MobiSPC), August 17-20, 2015, Belfort, France.
- The 4th International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI’15), August 10-13, 2015, Kochi, India.
- The International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC’15), October 14-16, 2014, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
- The 3rd International Conference on Computing, Management and Telecommunications (ComManTel 2015), December 28-30 2015, Da Nang, Vietnam.
- The 6th IEEE International Workshop on Management of Emerging Networks and Services (IEEE MENS 2014) in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2014, Austin, TX, USA.
- The 2014 International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo (ICCVE 2014), 3-7 November 2014, Vienna, Austria.
- International Workshop on Robots and Sensor Clouds (RSC’14), in conjunction with the Mobile Systems and Pervasive Computing (MobiSPC), August 17-20, 2014, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
- The 8th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'14), Lisbon, Portugal.
- The Fifth International Conference on Communications and Electronics (ICCE’14), 30th July - 1st August, 2014, Da Nang, Vietnam.
- The International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC’14), October 15-17, 2014, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- The 2013 International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo (ICCVE 2013), 2-6 December 2013, Las Vegas, USA.
- The 7th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'13), Barcelona, Spain.
- The 5th IEEE International Workshop on Management of Emerging Networks and Services (IEEE MENS 2013) in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- The 3rd International Multi-topic Conference (IMTIC'13), Jamshoro Pakistan.
- The Sixth International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM'12), Rome Italy.
- 2012 International Workshop on the Security of the Internet of Things (SecIoT 2012).
- ACM International Workshop on Sensor-Enhanced Safety and Security in Public Spaces (SESP 2012).
- Ad Hoc Network (Elsevier)
- Computer Communications - The International Journal for the Computer and Telecommunications Industry (Elsevier)
- Security and Communication Networks (Wiley Journal)
- Journal of Information Security and Applications (Elsevier)
- Communication Networks and Distributed Systems (InderScience Journal)
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (IEEE Journal)
- IEEE Sensors (IEEE Journal)
- IEEE Network (IEEE Magazine)
- ACM TOSN (ACM Journal)
- IEEE LCN 2013
- IEEE INFOCOM 2014
I completed industrial PhD degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the SICS Swedish ICT and Mälardalen University Sweden. I hold a Technology of Licentiate degree from Mälardalen University Västerås Sweden, and Master of Science degree in Information and Communication Systems Security (ICSS) from KTH The Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm, Sweden. I also hold a 4-years Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology from Pakistan. In my Bachelors degree I topped the whole batch with 3.89/4.0 GPA and was awarded Gold Medal. During my PhD studies, I have attended different summer schools including the International CONET Summer School focused on "SENIOT: From Sensor Networks to Networked Intelligent Objects" held in Bertinoro (Forlì-Cesena), July 2009, Italy.